Friday, October 17, 2008

Welcome!

If you have just recently heard about Fight4Freedom, welcome. I am very glad you're here. I thought I'd outline just a few things I hope to accomplish here and let you in on a little bit about me, too.

Human trafficking was first brought to my attention almost six years ago now. It was round-about, the way I learned of it but there is no surprise in the idea of learning about one horror in the world bringing other horrors to your attention. That's what happened with me. I was in church listening to a sermon on what happens to school girls in a country in Africa and the humiliation they are forced to endure and when I started to research that further, I stumbled across human trafficking. The vileness of it sickened me and I simply could not believe that people were actually doing this to other people. I turned everything inside of me and I had to figure out what to do about it. This sermon, by the way, happened just a few weeks after I had prayed asking God to break my heart with those things that break His heart.

For five years I spent my time reading everything I could find regarding trafficking and when I first started doing that there wasn't a whole lot offered. Now there is so much a person can feel overwhelmed. The only thing I can say to you in that regard is... don't. Please don't.

The enemy would love to have you languish there - in overwhelmed-ness (I know, it's not a word but it works here) and do absolutely nothing. Please don't allow him to paralyze you that way. Each and every person can and does make a difference in this fight to end slavery. If you feel you can't contribute "much" it is your little that tells a victim they matter and that turns your little into something huge.

This blog is a journey and I hope to eventually share authorship with others. I also hope you leave comments in the comment section of a post if it strikes a chord with you. I will ask that you keep your comments clean, honest and above all else - respectful. If someone says something you disagree with, please do not attack them. I hope people know they are welcome here and come here to find information and a good, safe place to ask questions. I also hope it serves as a place our Coalition can "meet" in between Coalition meetings.

If you live in the greater Seattle area and are interested in possibly attending an upcoming Coalition meeting, please let me know or check out the various "what's happening" posts. I will update them as often as possible. Additionally, if you know of an event that is happening, please don't hesitate to let me know. I hope to eventually set up an events page but in the meantime will update via posting.

One last thing before I close - the signature verse on every post is Proverbs 31:8-9 and those verses read:

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.

Those are my life verses.

Thank you for reading and I hope you come back often.

Blessings to you!

Proverbs 31:8-9

No comments: